The Student Support Services Department (SSSD) is a unit of BMC International College. It is primarily devoted to serve all students and to make sure that the learning and living environment at BMC is conducive in attaining their academic goals. Further, it is also responsible in assisting the BMC management to develop activities, advise student leaders, and conduct services in a holistic manner.
The SSSD aims to:
- Serve the students needs that will ensure their success in the completion of their academic programmes at BMC.
- Aid the management in developing activities, advising student organisations and student leaders and conducting services in a holistic manner.
- Give support/assistance to students in order to help them cope with their personal problems, academic issues and other concerns.
- Provide a means of communication for grievance and feedback.
- Orientation Programme
The SSSD conducts orientation programme on the first day of a new course. Through this orientation programme the nature and specific roles of the SSSD are also discussed and given emphasis.
- General Counselling
This is facilitated in collaboration with the in-house psychotherapist of BMC International College. General counselling is given to students not only pertaining to their academic issues but also concerning their personal problems and other concerns.
- Social Programmes
They create avenues for the BMC students to foster greater bonding among them through social activities. These activities aim to make learning a holistic experience for students. They include day trips to places of interest, sporting events, and other outing.
- Community Involvement
This intends to develop students into responsible citizens through their involvement in volunteer work like visiting orphanages, elderly homes, rehabilitation centres, etc. Students may also take part in hands-on tasks like beach or community cleaning, tutoring other students with academic problems, organising fund-raising activities for the less privileged individuals in their community, etc.
- Learning Support Services
The SSSD collaborates with the different departments in designing seminars or training or projects that will enhance or improve the students academic performance and life skills.
- Other Relevant Services Pertinent to Students’ Welfare such as EZ Link Card Applications, Reservation of Prayer/Study Rooms
Verification of Graduation/ Certificate Authentication Procedure
For Authentication and/or verification of qualification/award/certificate/attendance issued by BMC International College.
BMC International College shall use the term ‘Verification of Qualification’ to represent the various terms used by employers/education institutions/government authorities/students such as authentication of qualification/ award / certificate, verification of qualification/award/certificate or checking the authenticity of qualification/award/certificate.
For any request: Please note.
- The student/company need to attached the copy of their certificate.
- Fill up the BMC Application formClick Here(Help to create attachment link).
- Need to pay $30 (local request) and $80 for overseas request and not including the bank charge.
- Once we receive the payment it will take 7 working days to receive the copy of the confirmation.
- Demand draft or Cashier’s Order in Singapore Dollardrawn on a local bank in Singapore which should be made payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd;
- Telegraphic transfer (TT) in Singapore Dollar to BMC International College Pte Ltd with the following bank details:
o MayBank account number: 0419-100- 7048
Account name: BMC International College Pte Ltd
Swift Code: MBBESGS2
Bank address: 131 Jurong Gateway Road, #01-249 Contact No. 6665 0451
o The individual or organisation who requests this service shall pay BMC International College the following amount SGD $80.00 for overseas request per student/graduand (Telegraphic transfer (TT) in Singapore Dollar).
Please Note: Bank charges are excluded ($30.00) or ($80.00).