LCCI qualifications are awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked. Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40 000 employees in more than 70 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning.
LCCI qualifications are widely regarded by employers as preparing students to carry out the key functions of modern international business. The qualifications are recognised worldwide by employers, universities and professional bodies such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). This new and engaging range of qualifications has been developed in collaboration with professional bodies, employers and customers. We have conducted in-depth, independent consultation to ensure that the qualifications develop the breadth and depth of knowledge, skills and understanding that students need to be effective employees, and that the qualifications support progression pathways. LCCI offers a wider range of qualifications; they are available at levels 1 to 4 across the following subject areas:
- English Language
- Marketing and Customer Service
- Business, Administration and IT
- Finance and Quantitative.
This specification is part of the Finance and Quantitative suite of LCCI qualifications.
Level 2 Diploma in Bookkeeping and Accounting
Programme Learning Outcome:
1) The Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20093) is for students who wish to gain a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and accounting practices, including double-entry bookkeeping. It is also for students who wish to understand bookkeeping and accounting in accordance with the International Accounting Standards (IAS). The qualification is also for those who are working in, or who are preparing to work, in an accounting environment maintaining financial records and preparing accounts. The Pearson LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20093) builds on the knowledge and skills acquired from the Pearson LCCI Level 1 Certificate in Bookkeeping (VRQ) (ASE20091). This qualification will give students the opportunity to develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of business transaction. It will also give students the ability to prepare and interpret accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, manufacturing and non-profit making organisations. The Pearson LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting (VRQ) will allow progression to other LCCI Level 3 accounting qualifications, for example, the Pearson LCCI Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and Finance qualification and supports progression to the job market, for example, to a book keeping and accounting role within a large company’s finance department. The Pearson LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20093) will support students who run their own business and who need to carry out their own bookkeeping and those already working in accounting who would like to enhance their skills.
2) The Level 2 Certificate in Cost Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20094) is for students who work in, or want to work in accounting environments where they will be required to produce cost information. This qualification provides the key knowledge and understanding of the role of cost accounting in business; costs relating to labour, material and overheads; marginal costing; coding systems and the role of management information systems in organisations. The qualification will also introduce students to the principle of decision making for Management Accounting with a view to preparing them for the Pearson Level 3 Certificate in Cost and Management Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20098) qualification. This qualification is trusted and valued by employers worldwide and recognised by universities and professional bodies. This level 2 qualification will increase their employability skills in the sector and allow progression to the Pearson LCCI Level 3 Certificate in Cost and Management Accounting (VRQ) qualification.
3) The Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping (VRQ) (ASE20095) is for learners to have the opportunity to gain knowledge, understanding and skills to ensure that routine transactions made by the business are accurately recorded using computerised accounting software. This qualification is designed to increase learners’ employability skills in a variety of roles involving accurate data recording, such as book keeping in a company’s finance department. It will also support learners who run their own business and need to do their own bookkeeping or are already working in accounting and would like to enhance their skills by obtaining a formal qualification.
1) The Level 3 Certificate in Financial Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20097) (Core Module) consists of the range of topics detailed below:
- The purpose of maintaining financial records
- Recording financial transactions
- Balancing accounts and the trial balance
- Adjustments and the extended trial balance
- Produce final accounts of a sole trader
- Introduction to interpretation of financial statements
2) The Level 3 Certificate in Cost and Management Accounting (VRQ) (ASE20098) (Core Module) consists of the range of topics detailed below:
- Inventory management
- Short-term decision-making
- Accounting for overheads
- Budgetary planning and control
- Working capital management
- Standard costing and variances
- Costing methods
- Long-term decision making
- Management Information Systems
3) The Level 3 Certificate in Business Statistics (VRQ) (ASE20100) (Core Module) consists of the range of topics detailed below:
- Management Information: The External and Internal Business Environment
- Business Planning Models
- Risk Management and Business Decision Making
- Quality Assurance and Control
For Pearson LCCI examinations, appeals of results must be done within 14 days of results release. Students are required to fill up an appeal form and submit to our school to follow-up for processing of their request. An administrative fee for appeal is to be borne by the student. The school will release appeal results not later than eight weeks (for courses administered by external examination board) from the date of appeal, or an enquiry will be raised with the respective examination board.
Note: Course syllabus will be provided upon registration.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
Part-Time Fee Structure
Duration: 5 months
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course application fee||$107.00|
|Course material fee||$30.00|
|FPS - Insurance||$24.80|
|Total Course Fee Payable||$838.30|
|Total Course fee after Goods and Services Tax (GST) with Course Application Fee||$2680.14|
|PURPOSE OF FEE||AMOUNT (S$) AND WHEN PAYABLE|
|Late payment fees||$60.00(before GST)
|Re-take examination Admin Fee(per re-sitting)[NO GST]|
|Pearson LCCI Examinations Fee (per Subject)||S$100.00-S$200.00
Sr Programme Manager
Telephone: (+65) 6452 3885
Started work with Trainee / Adjunct Teacher, Software Technician, Programme Manager and Senior Programmer Manager to Liaise and correspond with Course Awarding bodies such as –Pearson London Chamber of Commerce and Industry International Qualifications (LCCI), Pearson BTEC, Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Singapore, and University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), Review Curriculum and Syllabi in consultation with Teachers and Partners , Oversee Student Support Services and Conduct of Orientation programmes, Conduct Training Programmes for Staff and Teachers, and Manage & Prepare the Conduct of Internal and External Examinations Workflow.
Post Graduated Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) Bachelor of Science
BMC International College’s customer service executives are here to assist you by providing you with all the necessary information you would need to register for any of our courses.
Drop us an inquiry now and one of our customer service executives will get back to you as soon as we can. Looking forward to hearing from you!
By clicking send applicants agree to provide the above personal information to BMC International College, as such applicants consent to the collection and use of personal data by BMC International College for purposes related to course enquiries.