Diploma in Business Management aims to provide the students a broad introduction to the
subject area to develop an extensive knowledge and awareness of key aspects of the business
and management through 8 units. This programme will enhance the student’s career and
employability in the areas of business and management by developing a critical awareness
and appreciation of contemporary business issues. This programme will equip the students
with management skills in marketing, customer relationship, human resource etc. and
business environment and small business and entrepreneurship. Graduates successfully
completing the Diploma in Business Management will able to demonstrate a sound
knowledge on the concepts of business and management.
Diploma in Business Management consists of eight modules, which are given below.
|4||Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|5||Customer Relationship Management|
|7||Small Business & Entrepreneurship|
|8||Human Resource Management|
- Understand the organisational purposes of businesses.
- Understand the nature of the environment in which businesses operate.
- Understand the behaviour of organisations in their market environment.
- Assess the significance of the factors that shape business activities.
- Understand the concepts and role of marketing.
- Understand marketing mix and able to use the marketing mix in different contexts.
- Be able to create the marketing plan for a product or service.
- Understand ethical issues in marketing.
- Understand the basic elements of the legal system.
- Understand the impacts of the law on a business.
- Be able to identify the relevant legal issues in
- Be able to locate sources for legal forms and draft simple contracts.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Understand the regulatory framework for financial reporting.
- Be able to prepare financial statements.
- Be able to present financial information for publication.
- Be able to interpret financial statements.
Customer Relationship Management
- Understand the environment in which relationship management operates and the benefits of relationship management.
- Be able to analyse the components of customer relationship management.
- Be able to assess the levels of customer satisfaction the importance of customer profiling and segmentation.
- Be able to analyse the different strategies for building long-term customer relationships.
- Understand the investment environment.
- Understand portfolio management and theory.
- Be able to evaluate stocks and bonds.
- Be able to evaluate unit trusts and their investment strategies.
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Understand the impact of small businesses on the economy.
- Understand the principles of preparing a start-up business plan.
- Be able to identify the principles of entrepreneurial and family business.
- Be able to analyse potential start-up models and resources given trends and opportunities.
Human Resource Management
- Understand the importance of human resources and their management in organizations.
- Understand the different tools used in forecasting and planning human resource needs.
- Be able to analyse the issues related to human resources such as training, motivation, appraisal compensation, diversity and ethics.
- Be able to apply human resource management practices in organisations.
Student must pass all the 8 modules to be awarded with the Diploma in Business Management. Students must satisfy the minimum attendance requirements – 75% for Part-Time students and 90% for Full-time (both local and international students) – in all the modules for the award of Certificate of Attendance (COA).
Expected date of release of Assessment result
|$6,753.31 (FULL PAYMENT)||S$6753.31 (FULL PAYMENT)||$7,120.74 (FULL PAYMENT)|
|S$7023.48 (2 INSTALLMENT)|
|S$7203.55 (12 INSTALLMENT)|
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|11 Jan 2021||3.00pm - 6.00pm||Mon to Fri|
|01 Mar 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|19 Apr 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|14 June 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|28 June 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|25 Aug 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Wed & Fri|
|13 Oct 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Wed & Fri|
|24 Nov 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Wed & Fri|
Call 6565 5655 for more information