Diploma in Business Management aims to provide the students a broad introduction to the
subject area to develop an extensive knowledge and awareness of key aspects of the business
and management through 8 units. This programme will enhance the student’s career and
employability in the areas of business and management by developing a critical awareness
and appreciation of contemporary business issues. This programme will equip the students
with management skills in marketing, customer relationship, human resource etc. and
business environment and small business and entrepreneurship. Graduates successfully
completing the Diploma in Business Management will able to demonstrate a sound
knowledge on the concepts of business and management.
Diploma in Business Management consists of eight modules, which are given below.
|4||Financial Accounting and Reporting|
|5||Customer Relationship Management|
|7||Small Business & Entrepreneurship|
|8||Human Resource Management|
- Understand the organisational purposes of businesses.
- Understand the nature of the environment in which businesses operate.
- Understand the behaviour of organisations in their market environment.
- Assess the significance of the factors that shape business activities.
- Understand the concepts and role of marketing.
- Understand marketing mix and able to use the marketing mix in different contexts.
- Be able to create the marketing plan for a product or service.
- Understand ethical issues in marketing.
- Understand the basic elements of the legal system.
- Understand the impacts of the law on a business.
- Be able to identify the relevant legal issues in
- Be able to locate sources for legal forms and draft simple contracts.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Understand the regulatory framework for financial reporting.
- Be able to prepare financial statements.
- Be able to present financial information for publication.
- Be able to interpret financial statements.
Customer Relationship Management
- Understand the environment in which relationship management operates and the benefits of relationship management.
- Be able to analyse the components of customer relationship management.
- Be able to assess the levels of customer satisfaction the importance of customer profiling and segmentation.
- Be able to analyse the different strategies for building long-term customer relationships.
- Understand the investment environment.
- Understand portfolio management and theory.
- Be able to evaluate stocks and bonds.
- Be able to evaluate unit trusts and their investment strategies.
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Understand the impact of small businesses on the economy.
- Understand the principles of preparing a start-up business plan.
- Be able to identify the principles of entrepreneurial and family business.
- Be able to analyse potential start-up models and resources given trends and opportunities.
Human Resource Management
- Understand the importance of human resources and their management in organizations.
- Understand the different tools used in forecasting and planning human resource needs.
- Be able to analyse the issues related to human resources such as training, motivation, appraisal compensation, diversity and ethics.
- Be able to apply human resource management practices in organisations.
Student must pass all the 8 modules to be awarded with the Diploma in Business Management. Students must satisfy the minimum attendance requirements – 75% for Part-Time students and 90% for Full-time (both local and international students) – in all the modules for the award of Certificate of Attendance (COA).
Expected date of release of Assessment result
|$6,753.31 (FULL PAYMENT)||S$6753.31 (FULL PAYMENT)||$7,120.74 (FULL PAYMENT)|
|S$7023.48 (2 INSTALLMENT)|
|S$7203.55 (12 INSTALLMENT)|
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|23 Nov 2020||3.00pm - 6.00pm||Mon to Fri|
|11 Jan 2021||3.00pm - 6.00pm||Mon to Fri|
|01 Mar 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|19 Apr 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|14 June 2021||3:00pm - 6:00pm||Mon to Fri|
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|17 Nov 2020||7.00 Pm- 10.00 Pm||Tue & Thu|
|05 Jan 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Tue & Thu|
|23 Feb 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Tue & Thu|
|13 Apr 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Tue & Thu|
|08 June 2021||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Tue & Thu|
Call 6565 5655 for more information
Vice Principal/Head of Department
HP:(+65) 9338 8345
Telephone:(+65) 6565 5655
Mr. Adai kalavan is currently the Head of Department for Computing and Engineering Programmes at BMC International College. He is managing the University of Hertfordshire, Engineering Degree programmes and Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma programmes in Computing and Engineering.
Adai kalavan holds a Masters Degree in Computer Applications from University of Madras and a Bachelors degree in Science majoring in Physics from Madurai Kamaraj University, India. In addition, he obtained Advance Diploma in Teaching Higher Education validated by Nottingham Trent University, UK. He also holds the certifications from Singapore Institute of Technical Education (ITE) for The Effective Supervisor, Coaching Skills, Planning & Implementing OJT and Instructional Skills.
Adai kalavan has 15 years of experience in managing UK University programmes in Singapore PEIs. Prior coming to BMC International College, he was the Head of Department for Business and Computing programmes at Raffles Academy and Stamford Raffles College, where he managed the University of Derby and Nottingham Trent University MBA, BABM and BSc programs.
He started his career in the marketing industry and after a short period he moved on to the education sector. In his 20 years of vast experience in Higher Education, he has lectured various Computing and IT modules at Masters, Bachelors, Higher/Advance Diploma and Diploma levels. His students achieved top ranks in their academic studies at regional and international levels. Adai’s motivation and guidance has journeyed his students to participate in various international competitions and to achieve top prizes.
Masters Degree in Computer Applications from University of Madras