This is a fundamental course which covers basic theory and practical applications of how to use a computer and the various applications through a combination of lecture and hands-on practical sessions.
- Open and examine components of the screen
- Create, edit and save a new document
- Execute commands using the menu, toolbar and shortcut menus
- Insert a date and time in a document
- Save and close a document
- Work with page breaks in a multiple page document
- Use ‘Find & Replace’ to quickly update a document
- Correct a document with Spell Checking and Grammar Checking
- Use, create and customize Autotext entries
- Enhance a document by adding attributes, changing font and font size
- Change page margins and page orientation for a document
- Adjust paragraph setting such as tabs, indentation, alignment, line spacing and text flow
- Create numbered and bulleted lists
- Print a letter document
- Examine the look and features of Excel
- Enter and change constant values
- Save and retrieve Excel Files
- Enter both simple formulas and formulas with functions by typing and pointing
- Using AutoSum and AutoCalculate
- Study concepts including the mathematical order of operations and absolute and relative cell references
- Use the toolbar and menu commands to change selection with number formats, cell alignments, font, cell borders and patterns
- Use the SpellCheck and AutoCorrect features
- Change worksheet appearance by inserting, deleting and changing the size of columns/rows
- Preview and print entire or partial worksheets with new margins, header and footer, gridlines and column heading
- Start the PowerPoint program, identify on-screen features, and navigate presentation
- Create and Edit bullet slides
- Use PowerPoint’s drawing tools
- Working with Clipart
- Internet Browsers and URLs
- Finding things on the Web
- Introduction to Email
- The Parts of an Email
- Understanding Email Address
- Setting up an Email Account
- Working with Email
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
COURSE DURATION TABLE