This Certificate in General English – Elementary course focuses on spoken English at a Starter and Beginner level. It is for students who have very basic understanding of spoken and written English. It is aimed at individuals studying English at an Elementary level and for students who have basic understanding of spoken and written English.
Our course includes a thorough and comprehensive work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and core skills such as listening, reading, speaking and writing.
The Certificate in General English – Elementary course gives emphasis to:
- Real life application
- The use of phrases and collocation
Grammar is introduced through natural and communicative methods and frequently revised through the use of:
- Written Practice Exercises and
- Speaking tasks with which to practise the new grammar naturally
Vocabulary is constantly introduced and practised at every lesson through various up to date and relevant topics.
- The chosen vocabulary presented are high-frequency, international useful words and phrases. These are seamlessly integrated in the lessons through Real-Life segments which focuses on words and phrases used in common everyday situations such as phone calls, situational enquiries and even emails.
Core Skills such as the following are constantly practised as well during the entire course duration.
- The General English course places stresses the importance of listening through different materials ranging from recorded conversations, words and sentences for pronunciation and stress modelling, even songs and video for grammar and vocabulary analysis.
- Different activities provide regular opportunities for the students to practise. These tasks are based around realistic topics and situations.
- Grammar and Lexis is practised through oral exercises and activities
- Regular pronunciation practise is also integrated throughout the course.
- BMC’s Certificate in General English – Elementary course provides students a wide range of reading materials including real life texts, stories, brochures, notes and emails. These texts are used throughout the course in developing reading skills, grammar work and language analysis.
- The course works in developing the student’s writing skills through activities which focus on writing emails, letters as well as composing narratives and reviews.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
MR ANICETO BEROU JR
Department of Business
Mr. Aniceto Berou Jr. is the current Programme Manager for Business, Hospitality & Tourism Management & Acting Programme Manager for LCCI departments at BMC International College, managing Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH) and PEARSON BTEC along with the various in-house Business, Hospitality and LCCI courses.
He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of San Jose-Recoletos in Cebu City, Philippines and has started his Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Business Administration (PhDBA) in the University of San Carlos in Cebu City, Philippines as a Commission on Higher Education (CHED) scholar. His Doctorate degree was put on hold due to time constraints caused by his numerous appointments as entrepreneur, consultant, trainer and educator, all at the same time.
Mr. Berou has a wide experience in the retailing industry having worked in the biggest department stores and supermarkets in the Philippines and in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It was during this time as a Corporate Training Manager that he found his passion in educating, nurturing, mentoring, and training people. He made a career change and entered into the academic field where he worked as an Academic for many years, initially as a Lecturer in Business, then as Business Research Coordinator and Lecturer, to becoming the Assistant Vice President for Research and Academics in one of the universities and academies in the Southern Philippines respectively.
With over 16 years of industry and academic work experiences, he has developed skills in effective time management, efficient business operations management, organizational and human resource management, business research and personal behavioural skills management.