This Certificate in General English – Elementary course focuses on spoken English at a Starter and Beginner level. It is for students who have very basic understanding of spoken and written English. It is aimed at individuals studying English at an Elementary level and for students who have basic understanding of spoken and written English.
Our course includes a thorough and comprehensive work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and core skills such as listening, reading, speaking and writing.
The Certificate in General English – Elementary course gives emphasis to:
- Real life application
- The use of phrases and collocation
Grammar is introduced through natural and communicative methods and frequently revised through the use of:
- Written Practice Exercises and
- Speaking tasks with which to practise the new grammar naturally
Vocabulary is constantly introduced and practised at every lesson through various up to date and relevant topics.
- The chosen vocabulary presented are high-frequency, international useful words and phrases. These are seamlessly integrated in the lessons through Real-Life segments which focuses on words and phrases used in common everyday situations such as phone calls, situational enquiries and even emails.
Core Skills such as the following are constantly practised as well during the entire course duration.
- The General English course places stresses the importance of listening through different materials ranging from recorded conversations, words and sentences for pronunciation and stress modelling, even songs and video for grammar and vocabulary analysis.
- Different activities provide regular opportunities for the students to practise. These tasks are based around realistic topics and situations.
- Grammar and Lexis is practised through oral exercises and activities
- Regular pronunciation practise is also integrated throughout the course.
- BMC’s Certificate in General English – Elementary course provides students a wide range of reading materials including real life texts, stories, brochures, notes and emails. These texts are used throughout the course in developing reading skills, grammar work and language analysis.
- The course works in developing the student’s writing skills through activities which focus on writing emails, letters as well as composing narratives and reviews.
|ORIGINAL FEE||PROMOTION FEE|
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- PAYNOW (UEN 200006772H)
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES:
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|07 June 23||7:00 PM - 9:30 PM||Wednesday|
|05 Aug 23||02:30 PM - 5:00 PM||Saturday|
|03 Oct 23||7:00 PM - 9:30 PM||Tuesday|
|03 Dec 23||10:30AM - 1:00PM||Sunday|