- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes required to gather, interpret and convey information in response to workplace requirements.
- Describe the skills, knowledge and attitudes to identify role and responsibility as a member of a team and promoting career growth and advancement.
- Deals with the knowledge, skills and attitudes in observing workplace hygiene procedures. It includes following hygiene procedures and identifying and preventing hygiene risks.
- Provides effective customer service.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required in the preparation of the dining room /restaurant area before the start of the service operations.
- Focuses on the procedures in the delivery of food and beverages to the guest as well as on the knowledge and skills that underpins the efficient work performance in assisting the dining guest during and after the meal service.
1. Basic communication in the food and beverage industry
- Obtain and convey workplace information
- English communication at basic operational level
2. Work in team environment and development of career professionalism
- Describe team role and scope
- Identify own role and responsibility within team
- Work effectively with colleagues
- Work in socially diverse environment
- Maintain professional growth and development
3. Perform workplace and safety practices
- Basic Hygiene procedures
- Identify and prevent hygiene risks in the food and beverage industry
4. Provide effective customer service
- Greet customer
- Identify needs of customers
- Deliver service to customer
- Handle queries of the guests
- Handle complaints/ conflict situations, evaluation and recommendations
- WOW Customer Experience
5. Prepare the dining room/restaurant area for service
- Take table reservations
- Prepare service stations and equipment
- Set up the tables in the dining area
6. Welcome guests and take food and beverage orders
- Welcome and greet guests
- Seat the guests
- Take food and beverage orders
- Liaise between kitchen and service areas
7. Promote food and beverage products
- Product Knowledge
- Undertake Suggestive selling
- Carry out Upselling strategies
8. Provide food and beverage services to guests
- Serve food orders
- Assist the diners
- Perform banquet or catering food service
- Serve Beverage Orders
- Process payments and receipts
- Conclude food service and close down dining area
- Manage intoxicated persons
9. Provide room service
- Take and process room service orders
- Set up trays and trolleys
- Present and serve food and beverage orders to guests
- Present room service account
- Clear away room service equipment
10. Receive and handle guest concerns
- Listen to the complaint
- Apologize to the guest
- Take proper action on the complaint
- Record complaint
Method of Delivery
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
COURSE DURATION TABLE:
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|17 Jan 2021||10.00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|21 Feb 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|14 Mar 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|11 Apr 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|16 May 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|13 Jun 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|11 Jul 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|08 Aug 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
|12 Sep 2021||10:00am-1:00pm||Sun|
BMC International College’s customer service executives are here to assist you by providing you with all the necessary information you would need to register for any of our courses.
Drop us an inquiry now and one of our customer service executives will get back to you as soon as we can. Looking forward to hearing from you!
By clicking send applicants agree to provide the above personal information to BMC International College, as such applicants consent to the collection and use of personal data by BMC International College for purposes related to course enquiries.