The Certificate in English for Foreign Students (Intermediate) is part of BMC’s Programme in English for Foreign Students which aims for the students to enhance the basic foundation in conversing and writing using English as the medium. In addition, this course offers enhancement of students’ four macro skills such as listening, speaking, writing and reading which are integrated and designed to emphasize the practical and functional usage of the English language.
Further, this course aims to:
- Train those who have basic English language skills to speak and write in proper English and with confidence.
- Teach students to acquire skills in the following areas:
- Sentence Structure
- Pronunciation (Higher Level)
- Higher level of listening
- Writing Skills
- Grammar: basic verb forms, tenses, modal verbs, mass and unit, comparisons
- Vocabulary: integrated reading and listening activity designed to develop receptive skills
- Speaking: oral fluency developed through active usage of vocabulary exercises
- Writing: sentence writing and note-making, paragraph forming etc
- Listening and reading: vocabulary integrated with listening and reading
- Pronunciation: rhythm, stress, weak forms, vowels and consonants
- Functional interaction for everyday English
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
International Student Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable with GST)||$107.00|
|Course Material Fee||$0.00|
|Ins Reg Fee/ Exam Fee||$0.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme - Insurance||$51.40|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$5,100.50|
|Total Course fees (exclusive of course application fee & inclusive GST)||GST) $5,661.80|
|* No GST involved|