The Certificate in English for Foreign Students (Intermediate) is part of BMC’s Programme in English for Foreign Students which aims for the students to enhance the basic foundation in conversing and writing using English as the medium. In addition, this course offers enhancement of students’ four macro skills such as listening, speaking, writing and reading which are integrated and designed to emphasize the practical and functional usage of the English language.
Further, this course aims to:
- Train those who have basic English language skills to speak and write in proper English and with confidence.
- Teach students to acquire skills in the following areas:
- Sentence Structure
- Pronunciation (Higher Level)
- Higher level of listening
- Writing Skills
- Grammar: basic verb forms, tenses, modal verbs, mass and unit, comparisons
- Vocabulary: integrated reading and listening activity designed to develop receptive skills
- Speaking: oral fluency developed through active usage of vocabulary exercises
- Writing: sentence writing and note-making, paragraph forming etc
- Listening and reading: vocabulary integrated with listening and reading
- Pronunciation: rhythm, stress, weak forms, vowels and consonants
- Functional interaction for everyday English
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
International Student Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable with GST)||$107.00|
|Course Material Fee||$0.00|
|Ins Reg Fee/ Exam Fee||$0.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme - Insurance||$51.40|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$5,100.50|
|Total Course fees (exclusive of course application fee & inclusive GST)||GST) $5,661.80|
|* No GST involved|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
MR ANICETO BEROU JR
Department of Business
Mr. Aniceto Berou Jr. is the current Programme Manager for Business, Hospitality & Tourism Management & Acting Programme Manager for LCCI departments at BMC International College, managing Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH) and PEARSON BTEC along with the various in-house Business, Hospitality and LCCI courses.
He holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of San Jose-Recoletos in Cebu City, Philippines and has started his Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Business Administration (PhDBA) in the University of San Carlos in Cebu City, Philippines as a Commission on Higher Education (CHED) scholar. His Doctorate degree was put on hold due to time constraints caused by his numerous appointments as entrepreneur, consultant, trainer and educator, all at the same time.
Mr. Berou has a wide experience in the retailing industry having worked in the biggest department stores and supermarkets in the Philippines and in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It was during this time as a Corporate Training Manager that he found his passion in educating, nurturing, mentoring, and training people. He made a career change and entered into the academic field where he worked as an Academic for many years, initially as a Lecturer in Business, then as Business Research Coordinator and Lecturer, to becoming the Assistant Vice President for Research and Academics in one of the universities and academies in the Southern Philippines respectively.
With over 16 years of industry and academic work experiences, he has developed skills in effective time management, efficient business operations management, organizational and human resource management, business research and personal behavioural skills management.