This course lays the basics for studies in areas of counselling and clinical Psychology. It addresses various factors that lead to diverse conditions which inhibit individuals from functioning effectively and cause concern among children, adolescents, adults and the aged. Factors such as physical, mental health conditions, emotional turmoil, stress, grief and addiction are seen to be at rise, leaving people affected, families confused and lost, affecting loved ones and disrupting normal living. This course aims at creating awareness among individuals on leading a balanced life and enables them to look forward for a career in the field of counselling and Psychology through further higher studies. This course is open to all those who wish to learn about counselling & psychology.
NOTE: This is not a recognised qualification to become a registered counsellor. Please refer to the Singapore Association for Counselling on how to become a registered counsellor in Singapore.
Introduction to Clinical and Counselling Psychology:
- Schools of Psychology and counselling
- Prominent Theories, Views and Approaches
- The Psycho dynamic Approach
- Behavioural School of Thought
- Cognitive School of Thought
- Humanistic School of thought
Basics of Clinical Psychology and Mental Health:
- Mental Health and Popular Historical views
- Understanding Abnormality
- Criteria of Abnormality
- Classifications and Mental Disorders – DSM IV
- Advantages and limitations of classification
Foundations of Counselling
- Introduction to counselling
- Counsellor – Client relationship
- Ethics, Roles and Responsibility
- Counselling skills and processes
- Counselling Methods
Counselling Issues and contexts:
- Stress and Adjustment Disorders
- Understanding Stress, Stressors, Causal factors.
- Trauma and Grief
- Introduction to different Anxiety conditions, causes and treatment
- Coping Techniques
- Relevance and Importance of Counselling in today’s context.
Criteria of Award
Expected date of release of Assessment result
Enrol Now! Click the link...
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- PAYNOW (UEN 200006772H)
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)