The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry LCCI International Qualifications are awarded by Pearson Education Ltd. An accredited Awarding Body providing vocational and professional qualification around the world. Pearson is accredited by the UK qualifications regulator, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), and many regulatory bodies and Ministries of Education around the world recognise LCCI International Qualifications. Employers, universities and other professional bodies internationally recognise the LCCI international qualifications. LCCIs range of courses is designed to deliver the skills essential for success in todays demanding commercial environment. The Pearson-LCCI winning formula lies in its flexible programme with examination at various levels thus enabling candidates to enter at the most appropriate level for their existing skills. Pearson-LCCI also offer Diplomas and Group Awards to allow candidates to add to their marketable skills and receive professional status.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this course will have an essential and vital understanding of the systematic recording of what a business owns, what it owes, its income, its overheads, its expenses and all business transactions in money terms pertaining to all of a business activities. This course is designed for someone who recognises that a more efficient method depends on improved knowledge and also it is a must for those who aspire to set up a business with comprehensive accounting records.
This certificate course comprises both the Elementary and Intermediate level of Book-keeping. Candidate will learn the basic principles underlying the recording of financial transactions. They will also learn to prepare and interpret accounts for various types of organizations and businesses. Graduates of this course will have an essential and vital understanding of the systematic recording of what a business owns, what it owes, its income, its overheads, its expenses and all business transactions in money terms pertaining to all of a business activities. This course is designed for someone who recognises that a more efficient method depends on improved knowledge and also it is a must for those who aspire to set up a business with comprehensive accounting records.
Teaching / Learning Methods and Strategies
 Book-Keeping (Level – 1)
The aims of this qualification are to enable candidates to develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of business transactions, and the ability to maintain the books of, and prepare final accounts, for sole traders. This includes the record of double-entry bookkeeping of simple transactions concerning the purchase and sale of goods and the receipt and payment of cash. This certificate is suitable for candidates who work or wish to work in areas of business that will involve the recording of financial transactions. All businesses require accurate accounting records that are maintained on a regular basis. Consequently, there is a demand for employees who possess these skills.
Assessment objectives (8 Sessions | 24 contact hours):
- Book of prime entry such as purchases, sales, return inwards, return outwards and the journal.
- Methods of payment and receipt such as cheques, standing orders, credit transfers, direct debits
- Bank reconciliation
- Trade and cash discounts – essential differences and how these are recorded
- Petty-cash book and the imprest system
- The ledger and its various entries
- The distinction between personal, real and nominal accounts
- Capital expenditure and revenue expenditure
- Fixed and current assets
- Adjustment of accruals and pre-payments
- Depreciation – straight line and reducing balance methods
- Provision for bad and doubtful debts
- Opening and closing stock for trading accounting purposes
- Receipts and payment accounts, income and expenditure accounts
- Trading and Profit & Loss accounts
- Balance Sheet
 Book-Keeping & Accounts (Level -2)
The Level 2 Certificate in Book-keeping and Accounts (VRQ), which is based on the International Accounting Standards, further develops candidates understanding of the accounting principles for recording business transactions, as well as their ability to prepare and interpret accounts for different types of businesses. It is suitable for people working or intending to work in a role that involves maintaining financial records and preparing final accounts. This qualification is accredited on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) in the UK as EDI Level 2 Certificate in Book-keeping and Accounts (IAS) (VRQ) 600/4750/1. Candidates attempting this qualification should have the knowledge and skills equivalent to the Pearson LCCI IQ Level 1 Bookkeeping qualification. Candidates who achieve Level 2 Book-keeping and Accounts may progress to the Pearson LCCI IQ Level 3 Accounting qualification.
Assessment objectives (16 sessions | 48 contact hours):
The ledger accounts for:
- Sole trader
- Limited liability companies
- Non-trading organisations
- Preparation of accounts in vertical of horizontal form
- Calculation and interpretation of accounting ratios such as ROCE (Return On Capital Employed), profit to sales, current ratio, liquidity ratio, rate of stock turnover and sales to capital employed.
Expected date of release of Assessment result
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
COURSE DURATION TABLE:
View School Holiday (Day-Time Classes) Commencement Dates
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|11 Nov 20||07:00PM - 10:00PM||Mon / Wed|
|05 Dec 20||10:00AM - 02:00PM||Sat|
|05 Jan 21||07:00PM - 10:00PM||Tue / Thu|
|24 Feb 21||07:00PM - 10:00PM||Wed / Fri|
|17 APR 21||10:00AM - 02:00PM||Sat|
|04 May 21||07:00PM - 10:00PM||Tue / Thu|
|02 June 21||07:00PM - 10:00PM||Wed / Fri|
Call 6452 3885 for more information.
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|21 Oct 20||07:00 PM - 10:00 PM||Mon /Wed|
|19 Nov 20||07:00 PM - 10:00 PM||Tue/ Thu|
|06 Dec 20||10:00 AM- 02:00 PM||Sun|
|18 Jan 21||07:00 PM - 10:00PM||Mon / Wed|
|23 Feb 21||07:00 PM - 10:00 PM||Tue / Thu|
|11 Apr 21||10:00 AM - 02:00 PM||Sun|
|03 May 21||07:00pm - 10:00pm||Mon / Wed|
Module Time Table
Call 6452 3885 for more information.
Sr Programme Manager
Telephone: (+65) 6452 3885
Started work with Trainee / Adjunct Teacher, Software Technician, Programme Manager and Senior Programmer Manager to Liaise and correspond with Course Awarding bodies such as –Pearson London Chamber of Commerce and Industry International Qualifications (LCCI), Pearson BTEC, Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Singapore, and University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), Review Curriculum and Syllabi in consultation with Teachers and Partners , Oversee Student Support Services and Conduct of Orientation programmes, Conduct Training Programmes for Staff and Teachers, and Manage & Prepare the Conduct of Internal and External Examinations Workflow.
Post Graduated Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) Bachelor of Science