REFUND FOR WITHDRAWAL DUE TO NON-DELIVERY OF COURSE:
1. Subject to Force Majeure, a student shall be entitled to immediately withdraw from the Course by giving written notice to BMC International College (BMC) of their intention to do because of one or more of the following circumstances: BMC International College (BMC) will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- BMC does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- BMC terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- BMC does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- BMC terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- BMC has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
2. The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
REFUND FOR WITHDRAWAL DUE TO OTHER REASONS
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1, BMC will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D.
Where a Student withdraws from the Course due to other reasons, the following refund table shall apply:
|% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C of student contract]||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received|
|100%||more than  days before the Course Commencement Date.|
|75%||before, but not more than  days before the Course Commencement Date.|
|5%||after, but not more than  days after the Course Commencement Date.|
|0||more than  days after the Course Commencement Date.|
|Non-tuition Fees – Refund Policy|
|Types of Fees||Percentage of Refund|
|Course Application Fee||Not refundable|
|Bank’s Administrative Fee||Not refundable as fee is imposed by the bank.|
|Continual Material Fee||
|Continual Assessment Fee||
|Examination Fee||Paid to respective external examination board. Refund of the exam fee is subject to the external examination board’s Refund Policy and is at its discretion. BMC does not have control over the fee.|
|Laboratory Fees (Computer and/or Science Practical)||
|Student Membership Fee||
|Insurance Fee||Payable per academic year or per course, if applicable. NOT REFUNDABLE.|
REFUND DURING COOLING-OFF PERIOD
BMC shall provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to BMC within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
In the event that BMC and the student shall be rendered unable to carry out the whole or any part of its obligations under the Student Contract for any reason beyond the control of that party, including but not limited to acts of God, force majeure, strikes, war, riot and any other causes of such nature, then the performance of the obligations hereunder of that party or all the parties as the case may be and as they are affected by such cause shall be excused during the continuance of any inability so caused, but such inability shall as far as possible be remedied with all reasonable despatch. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not apply to cases where:
BMC is declared to be insolvent and/or a winding-up order made or bankruptcy issued by the Singapore court against it; and
The relevant authority(ies) issue(s) an order to cease and/or terminate the operations of BMC, or the happening of anything of a similar nature under the laws of Singapore.
NO DOUBLE CLAIM
If the Student and/or his/her parent/guardian receives any payment from BMC or the Escrow Bank/Insurance Company due to a provision of the Student Contract or the Master Escrow Agreement/Master Insurance Agreement for any matter or damage, then the Student and his/her parent/guardian shall not be entitled to claim against BMC or the Escrow Bank/Insurance Company* for the same payment for the same matter or damage due to any other provision in the Student Contract or the Master Escrow Agreement/Master Insurance Agreement.
- The laws of Singapore will apply to how the student contract will be read and to the rights the parties have under the student Contract.
- If any part of the student Contract is not valid for any reason under the law of Singapore, this will not affect any other part of the student Contract.
- If the Student and BMC cannot settle a dispute using the way arranged by BMC, the Student and BMC may refer the dispute to the CPE Mediation-Arbitration Scheme (www.cpe.gov.sg).
- All information given by the Student to BMC will not be given by BMC to anyone else, unless the Student signs in writing that he agrees or unless BMC is allowed to give the information by law.
- Any agreement other than the student Contract is invalid if it is administered without the written permission of CPE. If there is any other agreement between the BMC and the Student that is different from the terms in the student Contract, then the terms in the student Contract will apply.
- If the Student or BMC does not exercise or delay exercising any right granted by the student Contract, the Student and BMC will still be able to exercise the same type of right under this Contract during the rest of the time the Contract continues.
- If the student Contract is also signed or translated in any language other than English and there is a difference from the English language copy of this Contract, the English language copy will apply.