BMC complies with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). – See more at: http://www.pdpc.gov.sg/
2. Personal data collected, will not be used for a new purpose unless we obtain consent from our customers. We are the sole owner of the personally identifiable information and we will not use this information for purpose other than for which the information was collected.
3. We do not collect sensitive information from our customers. We assure all customers that all personal information collected would be used or disclosed only for the purposes for which it was collected.
4. Only the necessary personal data is collected from customers’ for business purposes. Both the amount and the type of data collected shall be limited to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
5. We will not disclose, share, transfer, sell or rent personally identifiable information to any 3rd party. We do not send unsolicited marketing email to our customers unless consented by them. Customers who have consented will occasionally receive email on special promotions we hold. Out of respect for the privacy of our users, users may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email.
6. We do not keep personal data for longer than is necessary for those purposes for which they are collected.
7. We have developed guidelines and implemented procedures to govern the destruction of personal data that are no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes.
8. We do not use “cookies”, ‘web-bugs’ or any other tracking technologies to collect information from users of our web site.
9. We would not display or make publicly available, whether through online directories, customer lists or otherwise, the personally identifiable information collected.
10. We ensure our customers that all personal information collected is accurate and kept up to date. We do not maintain duplicate copies of personal information in different systems.
11. We ensure our customers that appropriate security safeguards are in place to protect personal data against unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure, copying, use, alteration, accidental loss or theft, destruction or damage.
12. Only authorised staff have access to our systems. Consultants, contractors or other temporary employees do not have access to the data.
14. Our mechanisms and processes are in place to receive and address complaints or inquiries about our policies and procedures relating to the handling of personal data. Appropriate measures will be taken to amend policies and procedures if a complaint is found to be justified.