The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry LCCI International Qualifications are awarded by Pearson Education Ltd. An accredited Awarding Body providing vocational and professional qualification around the world. Pearson is accredited by the UK qualifications regulator, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), and many regulatory bodies and Ministries of Education around the world recognise LCCI International Qualifications. Employers, universities and other professional bodies internationally recognise the LCCI international qualifications. LCCIs range of courses is designed to deliver the skills essential for success in todays demanding commercial environment. The Pearson-LCCI winning formula lies in its flexible programme with examination at various levels thus enabling candidates to enter at the most appropriate level for their existing skills. Pearson-LCCI also offer Diplomas and Group Awards to allow candidates to add to their marketable skills and receive professional status.
Course Learning Outcomes
The Level 3 Certificate in Business Principles and Practice develops candidates understanding of the advanced principles and practices of business relating to the business environment and how businesses are organised and managed operationally and financially. It also looks at how business performance can be measured and improved and introduces concepts of business strategy and planning. The qualification is suitable for people who want to develop their understanding of modern business management practices in order to improve their business career opportunities and/or academic progression. It is particularly suitable for people who currently hold middle management positions within any of the functional business areas or those aspiring to such positions. This qualification is accredited on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) in the UK as EDI Level 3 Certificate in Business Principles and Practice (VRQ) 600/4350/7.
Teaching / Learning Methods and Strategies
Criteria of Award
This qualification is suitable for people who want to develop their understanding of modern business management practices in order to improve their business career opportunities and/or academic progression. It is particularly suitable for people who currently hold middle management positions within any of the functional business areas or those aspiring to such positions. This qualification can be taken as a standalone qualification or as a part of a range of Diplomas. The aims of the qualification are to develop candidates knowledge and understanding of: the nature of economic activity and the internal and external environment and constraints in which businesses operate; national and multinational forms of businesses and their impact on the local economy; how businesses are functionally organised and managed in relation to corporate culture, image and identity; the different aspects of operational and financial management of a business; strategic planning and the frameworks, models and strategies that may be used in strategic analysis and implementation; business performance measurement and the frameworks and practices that may be used to improve performance.
The examination will assess the candidates ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- the nature of economic activity and how the internal and external environment and constraints influence business activities
- the features of national and multinational forms of businesses and their disadvantages and benefits to the local economy
- the different types of formal organisational structures and the role of leadership and otivation as functions of management
- the concept and importance of corporate culture, image and identity and how businesses may influence and develop these
- the different methods of production and quality control and how technology and the scale of operations impact on business efficiency and effectiveness
- the need for different sources of finance and the types of financial records that will be kept by a business
- strategy, strategic planning and the use of techniques and frameworks such as PEST, SWOT, Porters Five Forces Analysis, Boston Consulting Group Matrix and Ansoff Matrix in strategic analysis and decision-making
- the importance of measuring business performance and how KPIs and target-setting contribute to the process
- the use of financial and non-financial performance measures, and frameworks and systems such as the Balanced Scorecard, TQM and MIS in improving business performance
Expected date of release of Assessment result
Assessment results will be available to the students within 3 months upon completion of the last assessment for that assessment cycle. Appeal (if any) on assessment results must be lodged within 7 days after the release of assessment results.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
*All Singaporean aged 25 and above can use their S$500 SkillsFuture from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Tuition Fee ($700.00-$140.00||$560.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Fee before GST||$580.00|
|Grand Total Amount(1st Payment) Incl GST & Course Application Fee||$674.10|
|Purpose of Fee||Amount (S$) and When Payable|
|Late payment fees||$60.00(before GST)
|Re-take examination Admin Fee(per re-sitting)[NO GST]||$50.00[NO GST]|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
Business & English
Sr Programme Manager
Telephone: (+65) 6452 3885
Started work with Trainee / Adjunct Teacher, Software Technician, Programme Manager and Senior Programmer Manager to Liaise and correspond with Course Awarding bodies such as –Pearson London Chamber of Commerce and Industry International Qualifications (LCCI), Pearson BTEC, Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Singapore, and University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), Review Curriculum and Syllabi in consultation with Teachers and Partners , Oversee Student Support Services and Conduct of Orientation programmes, Conduct Training Programmes for Staff and Teachers, and Manage & Prepare the Conduct of Internal and External Examinations Workflow.
Post Graduated Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) Bachelor of Science
BMC International College’s customer service executives are here to assist you by providing you with all the necessary information you would need to register for any of our courses.
Drop us an inquiry now and one of our customer service executives will get back to you as soon as we can. Looking forward to hearing from you!
By clicking send applicants agree to provide the above personal information to BMC International College, as such applicants consent to the collection and use of personal data by BMC International College for purposes related to course enquiries.