Gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts of document production using Microsoft Word.
This is a fundamental course which covers basic level skills to work with documents such as letters, forms, and newsletters. The user will acquire fundamental concepts and skills, building on this foundation as they continue to increase their productivity to apply creative features and enhance various documents.
By the end of the course you will be able to create, edit, format, save and print a wide range of well-presented documents.
Age 16 and above.
Microsoft WORD (Basic)
- Open and examine components of the screen
- Create, edit and save a new document
- Execute commands using the menu, toolbar and shortcut menus
- Insert a date and time in a document
- Save and close a document
- Work with page breaks in a multiple page document
- Use 'Find & Replace' to quickly update a document
- Correct a document with Spell Checking and Grammar Checking
- Use, create and customize Autotext entries
- Enhance a document by adding attributes, changing font and font size
- Change page margins and page orientation for a document
- Adjust paragraph setting such as tabs, indentation, alignment, line spacing and text flow
- Create numbered and bulleted lists
- Print a letter document
Method of Delivery
Lecture / Computer Lab
Students, who satisfy the minimum attendance requirements (75%) will be issued with the Certificate of Attendance by BMC.
Expected date of release of Assessment result
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier's order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
"ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE"
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$25.00|
|Tuition Fee (Original Tuition Fee $300 - Discount $200)||$175.00|
|Course Material Fee||$0.00|
|Sub-Total Fee (Except Non-GST items)||$200.00|
|Grand Total Amount Incl GST & Course Application Fee||$214.00|
|Purpose of Fee||Amount (S$) and When Payable|
|Late payment fees||$60.00(before GST)
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|29 Jan 2018||07:00PM - 09:30PM||Mo & We|
|04 Mar 2018||09:30AM - 02:30PM||Su|
|20 Apr 2018||07:00PM - 09:30PM||Fr|
|27 May 2018||09:30AM - 02:30PM||Su|
|Commencement dates after the last available date are yet to be scheduled.|
Call 6565 5655 for more information.