If you are taking N and O level examinations and have forgotten the English grammar you once studied, this course is perfect for you. The grammatical rules you learn from this course will enable you to write correct sentences and connect them cohesively. These are the necessary tools for you to write good compositions or essays.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- use verbs in their correct tenses and forms
- decide correctly the agreement between subject and verb in a sentence
- use punctuations effectively
- utilize different types of sentences in writing compositions or essays
- use cohesive devices effectively in writing a cohesive and coherent essay
- write more effectively
- identify errors and edit a text accurately
- Age 13 years and above.
- Verb tenses
- Verb forms
- Subject – Verb agreement
Subject – verb agreement in independent clauses
Subject – verb agreement in subordinate clauses
Subject – verb agreement in relative clauses
The use of commas
Commas and conjunctions
- Quiz 1
- Sentence Structures
Compound – complex sentences
- Cohesive devices
Conjunctions and linking words
Transitional words and phrases
- Writing a good composition
Essential elements of a composition
Cohesion and coherence in writing
- Quiz 2
Method of Delivery
Students, who satisfy the minimum attendance requirements (75%) will be issued with the Certificate of Attendance by BMC.
Expected date of release of Assessment result
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier's order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
"ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE"
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Tuition Fee[$450 - $150]||$300.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$370.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable after GST||$395.90|
Last updated : 23 February 2016
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|21 Mar 16||05:00PM - 07:00PM||Mo / We|
|11 Apr 16||05:00PM - 07:00PM||Mo / We|
Call 6452 3885 for more information.