Certificate in Python Programming aims to provide the students an introduction to Python Programming through 6 units. This programme will enhance the student’s career and employability in the areas of Data Sciences, Web Applications and Creation of Software Prototypes. This course will provide the skills to develop simple programs in Python. Since Python is the most popular Data Science language, the students who learn Python will enhance their career as Data Analysts or Data Scientists in future.
Course Outline & Programme Structure
Introduction to Python/Installation
- Download the Python IDLE Python 3.8 (32 bit).
- Execute the exe file and Python gets downloaded.
- Understand the structure of Python 3.8.1 Shell and IDE.
- Introducing Python, learning benefits and applications of Python.
Basic Syntax of Python Programming
- Learn various input and output statements in Python.
- Learn how to use comment lines in Python.
Variables, Data types and Operators
- Learn to declare Variables and their Datatypes which are building blocks of Programming
- Introduction to data types such as int, float, str and bool.
- Learn various kinds of Operators in Python.
- Understand Decision making statements such as if, elif and else.
- Understand Loops such as for and while
- Understand Break and Continue statements to control loop structures.
Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries
- Understanding the special concepts of Python such as Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries.
- Illustration of the above using examples.
Functions for code reuse
- Create functions using def statements
- Learn to call the function from the main program.
- Learning the function parameters.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee||$53.50|
|Tuition Fee ($850.00 - $255.00) 30% Discount||$595.00|
|Course Material Fee||$50.00|
|Total before GST||$645.00|
|Grand Total Amount (Incl GST & Course Application Fee)||$743.65|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
Computing & Enginneering
Vice Principal/Head of Department
HP:(+65) 9338 8345
Telephone:(+65) 6565 5655
Mr. Adai kalavan is currently the Head of Department for Computing and Engineering Programmes at BMC International College. He is managing the University of Hertfordshire, Engineering Degree programmes and Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma programmes in Computing and Engineering.
Adai kalavan holds a Masters Degree in Computer Applications from University of Madras and a Bachelors degree in Science majoring in Physics from Madurai Kamaraj University, India. In addition, he obtained Advance Diploma in Teaching Higher Education validated by Nottingham Trent University, UK. He also holds the certifications from Singapore Institute of Technical Education (ITE) for The Effective Supervisor, Coaching Skills, Planning & Implementing OJT and Instructional Skills.
Adai kalavan has 15 years of experience in managing UK University programmes in Singapore PEIs. Prior coming to BMC International College, he was the Head of Department for Business and Computing programmes at Raffles Academy and Stamford Raffles College, where he managed the University of Derby and Nottingham Trent University MBA, BABM and BSc programs.
He started his career in the marketing industry and after a short period he moved on to the education sector. In his 20 years of vast experience in Higher Education, he has lectured various Computing and IT modules at Masters, Bachelors, Higher/Advance Diploma and Diploma levels. His students achieved top ranks in their academic studies at regional and international levels. Adai’s motivation and guidance has journeyed his students to participate in various international competitions and to achieve top prizes.
Masters Degree in Computer Applications from University of Madras
BMC International College’s customer service executives are here to assist you by providing you with all the necessary information you would need to register for any of our courses.
Drop us an inquiry now and one of our customer service executives will get back to you as soon as we can. Looking forward to hearing from you!
By clicking send applicants agree to provide the above personal information to BMC International College, as such applicants consent to the collection and use of personal data by BMC International College for purposes related to course enquiries.