This is a fundamental course which covers basic theory and practical applications of how to use a computer and the various applications through a combination of lecture and hands-on practical sessions.
- Open and examine components of the screen
- Create, edit and save a new document
- Execute commands using the menu, toolbar and shortcut menus
- Insert a date and time in a document
- Save and close a document
- Work with page breaks in a multiple page document
- Use ‘Find & Replace’ to quickly update a document
- Correct a document with Spell Checking and Grammar Checking
- Use, create and customize Autotext entries
- Enhance a document by adding attributes, changing font and font size
- Change page margins and page orientation for a document
- Adjust paragraph setting such as tabs, indentation, alignment, line spacing and text flow
- Create numbered and bulleted lists
- Print a letter document
- Examine the look and features of Excel
- Enter and change constant values
- Save and retrieve Excel Files
- Enter both simple formulas and formulas with functions by typing and pointing
- Using AutoSum and AutoCalculate
- Study concepts including the mathematical order of operations and absolute and relative cell references
- Use the toolbar and menu commands to change selection with number formats, cell alignments, font, cell borders and patterns
- Use the SpellCheck and AutoCorrect features
- Change worksheet appearance by inserting, deleting and changing the size of columns/rows
- Preview and print entire or partial worksheets with new margins, header and footer, gridlines and column heading
- Start the PowerPoint program, identify on-screen features, and navigate presentation
- Create and Edit bullet slides
- Use PowerPoint’s drawing tools
- Working with Clipart
- Internet Browsers and URLs
- Finding things on the Web
- Introduction to Email
- The Parts of an Email
- Understanding Email Address
- Setting up an Email Account
- Working with Email
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
*All Singaporean aged 25 and above can use their S$500 SkillsFuture from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$53.50|
|Tuition Fee (Original Tuition Fee $600 - Discount $150)||$450.00|
|Course Material Fee||$0.00|
|Total before GST||$450.00|
|Grand Total Amount(1st Payment) Incl GST & Course Application Fee||$535.00|
|Purpose of Fee||Amount (S$) and When Payable|
|Late payment fees||$60.00(before GST)
|Re-take examination Admin Fee(per re-sitting)[NO GST]||$50.00[NO GST]|
COURSE DURATION TABLE
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|29-Jan-19||7:00 pm to 9:30 pm||Tue & Thu|
|2-Apr-19||7:00 pm to 9:30 pm||Tue & Thu|
|11-Jun-19||7:00 pm to 9:30 pm||Tue & Thu|
|20-Aug-19||7:00 pm to 9:30 pm||Tue & Thu|
|29-Oct-19||7:00 pm to 9:30 pm||Tue & Thu|
|Commencement dates after the last available date are yet to be scheduled.|
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
Computing & Enginneering
Vice Principal/Head of Department
HP:(+65) 9338 8345
Telephone:(+65) 6565 5655
Mr. Adai kalavan is currently the Head of Department for Computing and Engineering Programmes at BMC International College. He is managing the University of Hertfordshire, Engineering Degree programmes and Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma programmes in Computing and Engineering.
Adai kalavan holds a Masters Degree in Computer Applications from University of Madras and a Bachelors degree in Science majoring in Physics from Madurai Kamaraj University, India. In addition, he obtained Advance Diploma in Teaching Higher Education validated by Nottingham Trent University, UK. He also holds the certifications from Singapore Institute of Technical Education (ITE) for The Effective Supervisor, Coaching Skills, Planning & Implementing OJT and Instructional Skills.
Adai kalavan has 15 years of experience in managing UK University programmes in Singapore PEIs. Prior coming to BMC International College, he was the Head of Department for Business and Computing programmes at Raffles Academy and Stamford Raffles College, where he managed the University of Derby and Nottingham Trent University MBA, BABM and BSc programs.
He started his career in the marketing industry and after a short period he moved on to the education sector. In his 20 years of vast experience in Higher Education, he has lectured various Computing and IT modules at Masters, Bachelors, Higher/Advance Diploma and Diploma levels. His students achieved top ranks in their academic studies at regional and international levels. Adai’s motivation and guidance has journeyed his students to participate in various international competitions and to achieve top prizes.
Masters Degree in Computer Applications from University of Madras