This Certificate in General English – Elementary course focuses on spoken English at a Starter and Beginner level. It is for students who have very basic understanding of spoken and written English. It is aimed at individuals studying English at an Elementary level and for students who have basic understanding of spoken and written English.
Our course includes a thorough and comprehensive work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and core skills such as listening, reading, speaking and writing.
The Certificate in General English – Elementary course gives emphasis to:
- Real life application
- The use of phrases and collocation
Grammar is introduced through natural and communicative methods and frequently revised through the use of:
- Written Practice Exercises and
- Speaking tasks with which to practise the new grammar naturally
Vocabulary is constantly introduced and practised at every lesson through various up to date and relevant topics.
- The chosen vocabulary presented are high-frequency, international useful words and phrases. These are seamlessly integrated in the lessons through Real-Life segments which focuses on words and phrases used in common everyday situations such as phone calls, situational enquiries and even emails.
Core Skills such as the following are constantly practised as well during the entire course duration.
- The General English course places stresses the importance of listening through different materials ranging from recorded conversations, words and sentences for pronunciation and stress modelling, even songs and video for grammar and vocabulary analysis.
- Different activities provide regular opportunities for the students to practise. These tasks are based around realistic topics and situations.
- Grammar and Lexis is practised through oral exercises and activities
- Regular pronunciation practise is also integrated throughout the course.
- BMC’s Certificate in General English – Elementary course provides students a wide range of reading materials including real life texts, stories, brochures, notes and emails. These texts are used throughout the course in developing reading skills, grammar work and language analysis.
- The course works in developing the student’s writing skills through activities which focus on writing emails, letters as well as composing narratives and reviews.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Tuition Fee[$600 - $300 Discount]||$300.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$370.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable after GST||$395.90|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
Mr Laurence Lemuel Basil O. Losbanos
In-Charge Counselling and Psychology
Telephone: (+65) 6565 5655
Current Designation: In-Charge Counselling and Psychology (BMC International College)
Professional Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Mr Laurence graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Psychology from Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, Philippines in 2010. He has extensive experience in Sales and Retail Management as well as visual merchandising in countries such as Georgia, Armenia and Singapore. He has also facilitated multiple Customer Management Training Programmes for Customer Service Representatives in countries such as India and the Philippines while in the BPO Industry. To pursue his passion in education, he attained a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) from the British Council Singapore. His various teaching experiences include Early Childhood Development at Cambridge Philippines as well as teaching Counselling, Applied Psychology and Child Psychology to students at BMC International College.