This Certificate in General English – Intermediate course focuses on spoken English at the Intermediate level. The course provides materials, activities and lessons for a total of 25 hours to students currently studying an intermediate level of English.
Our course includes a thorough and comprehensive work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and core skills such as listening, reading, speaking and writing.
By the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- communicate in familiar situations using simple sentences
- manage most daily situations confidently
- express opinion on familiar topics with little help
- read and understand public notices
- write simple messages
- understand and respond to general conversations
- use both direct and indirect questions for clarifications.
The Certificate in General English – Intermediate course gives emphasis to:
- Real life application
- The use of phrases and collocation
Grammar is introduced through natural and communicative methods and frequently revised through the use of:
- Written Practice Exercises and
- Speaking tasks with which to practise the new grammar naturally
Vocabulary is constantly introduced and practised at every lesson through various up to date and relevant topics.
- The chosen vocabulary presented are high-frequency, international useful words and phrases. These are seamlessly integrated in the lessons through Real-Life segments which focuses on words and phrases used in common everyday situations such as phone calls, situational enquiries and even emails.
Core Skills such as the following are constantly practised as well during the entire course duration.
- The General English course places stresses the importance of listening through different materials ranging from recorded conversations, words and sentences for pronunciation and stress modelling, even songs and video for grammar and vocabulary analysis. New language is also introduced through short extracts and recorded mini-dialogues.
- Different activities provide regular opportunities for the students to practise. These tasks are based around realistic topics and situations.
- Grammar and Lexis is practised through oral exercises and activities
- Regular pronunciation practise is also integrated throughout the course.
- BMC’s Certificate in General English – Intermediate course provides students a wide range of reading materials including real life texts, stories, brochures, notes and emails. These texts are used throughout the course in developing reading skills, grammar work and language analysis.
- The course works in developing the student’s writing skills through activities which focus on writing emails, letters as well as composing narratives and reviews.
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$570.00|
|Total Course Fees
after GST (Inclusive of course application fee)
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||
|16 Mar 2019||10:30AM - 1:30PM||Sat|
|3 Apr 2019||7:00PM - 10:00PM||Wed|
|8 Jun 2019||10:30AM - 1:30PM||Sat|
|3 Jul 2019||7:00PM - 10:00PM||Wed|
|24 Aug 2019||10:30AM - 1:30PM||Sat|
|11 Sep 2019||7:00PM - 10:00PM||Wed|
|9 Nov 2019||10:30AM - 1:30PM||Sat|
|4 Dec 2019||7:00PM - 10:00PM||Wed|
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|14 Feb 2019||7:00PM - 9:30PM||Thu|
|25 Apr 2019||7:00PM - 9:30PM||Thu|
|4 May 2019||2:00PM - 4:30PM||Sat|
|4 July 2019||7:00PM - 9:30PM||Thu|
|24 Aug 2019||2:00PM - 4:30PM||Sat|
|12 Sep 2019||7:00PM - 9:30PM||Thu|
|19 Oct 2019||2:00PM - 4:30PM||Sat|
|21 Nov 2019||7:00PM - 9:30PM||Thu|
Business & English
Telephone: (+65) 6452 3885
I have been in the educational Industry for more than 12 years as a teacher, lecturer and as a Head of Department. I have attained a Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, a Bachelor of Marketing and Media from Murdoch University and a Certificate in Practical Counselling.
I have more than 12 years of teaching and lecturing experience in the English Language, Humanities Subjects and Business Modules as well as several years of administrative experience as an Academic Head. Apart from my service in the educational industry, I have also worked as a Broadcast Journalist for an English Radio Station.
Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, a Bachelor of Marketing and Media from Murdoch University