The Certificate in English for Foreign Students (Intermediate) is part of BMC’s Programme in English for Foreign Students which aims for the students to enhance the basic foundation in conversing and writing using English as the medium. In addition, this course offers enhancement of students’ four macro skills such as listening, speaking, writing and reading which are integrated and designed to emphasize the practical and functional usage of the English language.
Further, this course aims to:
- Train those who have basic English language skills to speak and write in proper English and with confidence.
- Teach students to acquire skills in the following areas:
- Sentence Structure
- Pronunciation (Higher Level)
- Higher level of listening
- Writing Skills
- Grammar for effective communication
- Everyday functional English: core vocabulary consists of topics like money, media, crime etc
- Speaking skills: e.g requests, offers, suggestions etc
- Writing skills: follow-up to oral work/integrated part of classroom activity
- Listening and reading skills: listening and reading strategies developed, presentation skills etc
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
International Student Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable with GST)||$107.00|
|Course Material Fee||$0.00|
|Ins Reg Fee/ Exam Fee||$0.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme - Insurance||$51.40|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$5,100.50|
|Total Course fees (exclusive of course application fee & inclusive GST)||GST) $5,661.80|
|* No GST involved|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
Mr Laurence Lemuel Basil O. Losbanos
In-Charge Counselling and Psychology
Telephone: (+65) 6565 5655
Current Designation: In-Charge Counselling and Psychology (BMC International College)
Professional Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Mr Laurence graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Psychology from Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, Philippines in 2010. He has extensive experience in Sales and Retail Management as well as visual merchandising in countries such as Georgia, Armenia and Singapore. He has also facilitated multiple Customer Management Training Programmes for Customer Service Representatives in countries such as India and the Philippines while in the BPO Industry. To pursue his passion in education, he attained a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) from the British Council Singapore. His various teaching experiences include Early Childhood Development at Cambridge Philippines as well as teaching Counselling, Applied Psychology and Child Psychology to students at BMC International College.