The Certificate in English for Foreign Students (Intermediate) is part of BMC’s Programme in English for Foreign Students which aims for the students to enhance the basic foundation in conversing and writing using English as the medium. In addition, this course offers enhancement of students’ four macro skills such as listening, speaking, writing and reading which are integrated and designed to emphasize the practical and functional usage of the English language.
Further, this course aims to:
- Train those who have basic English language skills to speak and write in proper English and with confidence.
- Teach students to acquire skills in the following areas:
- Sentence Structure
- Pronunciation (Higher Level)
- Higher level of listening
- Writing Skills
- Grammar for effective communication
- Everyday functional English: core vocabulary consists of topics like money, media, crime etc
- Speaking skills: e.g requests, offers, suggestions etc
- Writing skills: follow-up to oral work/integrated part of classroom activity
- Listening and reading skills: listening and reading strategies developed, presentation skills etc
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
International Student Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable with GST)||$107.00|
|Course Material Fee||$0.00|
|Ins Reg Fee/ Exam Fee||$0.00|
|Fee Protection Scheme - Insurance||$50.50|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$5,100.50|
|Total Course fees (exclusive of course application fee & inclusive GST)||GST) $5,457.54|
|* No GST involved|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
Business & English
Telephone: (+65) 6452 3885
I have been in the educational Industry for more than 12 years as a teacher, lecturer and as a Head of Department. I have attained a Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, a Bachelor of Marketing and Media from Murdoch University and a Certificate in Practical Counselling.
I have more than 12 years of teaching and lecturing experience in the English Language, Humanities Subjects and Business Modules as well as several years of administrative experience as an Academic Head. Apart from my service in the educational industry, I have also worked as a Broadcast Journalist for an English Radio Station.
Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, a Bachelor of Marketing and Media from Murdoch University