This course aims to introduce conversational Malay language at the elementary level that would enable beginners to achieve competency in understanding and using basic Malay with confidence. The emphasis is acquiring practical use of the language at the level of everyday discourse. To facilitate immersion into the language students would be taught the necessary skills of listening, reading, writing and conversing while concurrently integrating the rudiments of Malay grammar.
This is a functional course which is specially designed for beginners but also for those who are currently engaged in activities that require reasonable command of Mandarin but are not fully conversant with the language. This course is conducted in a highly methodical approach and covers all the topics listed below.
- Introducing the Malay Language
- Pronunciation and Phonetics
- Vowels, consonants and diphthongs
- Simple Introductory Sentences
- Self Introduction
- Phrases for Greetings
- Forms of Addresses
- Word Order in Malay Language
- Question Words and Asking Questions
- Pronouns and possessive pronouns
- Present, past and continuous tenses
- Positions, calender and Telling Time
- Verbs and Verb Formation
- Independent verbs
- Verbs with prefix ‘ber’
- Verbs with prefix ‘me’
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Tuition Fee[$540- $120]||$420.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$490.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable after GST||$524.30|
|Purpose of Fee||Amount (S$) and When Payable|
|Late payment fees||$60.00(before GST)
|Re-take examination Admin Fee(per re-sitting)[NO GST]||$50.00[NO GST]|
Waiver of $50 Registration Fee is Not Entitled for Short Courses
Pre-register with us to receive a waiver of $50 Registration Fee when you decide to enrol. This offer is only valid for online pre-registration.
This pre-registration is applicable only to Singapore citizens, PRs and valid pass holders.
Not applicable to subsidies enrolment
(SDF/WDA, NTUC, Mendaki, CDAC, CDC).