This level focuses on spoken English at Intermediate level. It is for students who have very basic understanding of spoken and written English.
At the end of the course, the students should be able to improve their confidence and fluency in spoken English. Students will also be able to identify the factors that comprise the process of effective interpersonal communication. Relate these factors to work-based settings. Substantially improve communication within the organisation.
- What makes for effective (or ineffective) communications patterns
- How to understand and use non-verbal communication and the impact it has on the recipient
- Basic verbal skills
- Specific language
- The art of persuasion
- Watching word choices
- Understanding context
- Communication and Listening through Role Play
- Avoiding miscommunication
- Giving and getting feedback
- Becoming a more active listener a better listener
- Story telling
- Interview Techniques
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- Dealing with “Stage Fright”
- Organising the structure of speech
- Your voice as an effective instrument
- Non-Verbal communication: harnessing your body language
- Relating to your audience
- Presenting with passion and poise
*Non-compulsory pre-course test is available upon request at no charge.
e upon request at no charge.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Diners Club & American Express)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
*All Singaporean aged 25 and above can use their S$500 SkillsFuture from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Part Time Fee Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Tuition Fee[$600 - $300 Discount]||$300.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$370.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable after GST||$395.90|
View Ang Mo Kio Commencement Dates
Business & English
Telephone: (+65) 6452 3885
I have been in the educational Industry for more than 12 years as a teacher, lecturer and as a Head of Department. I have attained a Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, a Bachelor of Marketing and Media from Murdoch University and a Certificate in Practical Counselling.
I have more than 12 years of teaching and lecturing experience in the English Language, Humanities Subjects and Business Modules as well as several years of administrative experience as an Academic Head. Apart from my service in the educational industry, I have also worked as a Broadcast Journalist for an English Radio Station.
Master Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland, a Bachelor of Marketing and Media from Murdoch University