The Certificate in Child Psychology programme provides a basic understanding of the principles of developmental psychology and a more specific understanding of the psychological makeup of children. You will be introduced to a variety of child developmental theories and learn about a variety of mental health and social difficulties that children can experience and the developmental factors associated with these issues. This is a great option if you want to improve your skills in a child management setting, or want to learn more as a parent or caregiver.
This programme is designed for enrichment purposes only. It does not have a direct vocational outcome. Students who complete this programme are not qualified to function as child psychologists and cannot market themselves as mental health professionals.
ome a registered counsellor in Singapore.
- Introduction to Developmental Child Psychology
- The lifespan perspective
- Periods of development
- Arguments in developmental psychology
- Theories of development
- Stages of Growth
- Physical development
- Cognitive development
- Socio-emotional development
- Developmental Issues in Children
- Conduct disorder,etc.
- Anxiety disorders-phobia
- Mood disorders
- Parenting and Attachment
- Attachment theory
- Parenting styles
Criteria of Award
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
Mr Laurence Lemuel Basil O. Losbanos
In-Charge Counselling and Psychology
Telephone: (+65) 6565 5655
Current Designation: In-Charge Counselling and Psychology (BMC International College)
Professional Qualification: Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Mr. Laurence graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Psychology from Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan, Philippines in 2010. He has extensive experience in Sales and Retail Management as well as visual merchandising in countries such as Georgia, Armenia and Singapore. He has also facilitated multiple Customer Management Training Programmes for Customer Service Representatives in countries such as India and the Philippines while in the BPO Industry. To pursue his passion in education, he attained a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) from the British Council Singapore. His various teaching experiences include Early Childhood Development at Cambridge Philippines as well as teaching Counselling, Applied Psychology and Child Psychology to students at BMC International College