This course will provide the basic knowledge and skills about food preparations and techniques for people who work in the kitchen section of the food and beverage industry. It also provides the hands-on training of some basic food preparations and techniques that will gives the benefits to the students who would like to work in the kitchen.
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Determine the different positions and function of kitchen production.
- Identify and properly operate equipment & common culinary hand tools.
- Productively apply appropriate cooking skills
- Identify various cooking techniques.
- Comply with and practice safe work habits, identify safety hazards, employ preventative safety measures.
- Exhibit appropriate work habits and attitudes; demonstrate a willingness to compromise.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, conversation skills, & personal hygiene
- Utilize portion control, work flow, plating and garnishing principles.
- All fees are subject to the prevailing Goods and Services Tax (GST) unless specified otherwise.
- Course Application Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Do not pay your school fees before you have signed the standard student contract.
- All fees quoted are in Singapore Dollar (S$).
- Fees are subject to periodic changes without prior notice.
- BMC accepts the following methods of payment:
- Cashier’s order payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Cheque payable to BMC International College Pte Ltd
- Credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
“ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO GST UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE”
Part Time Structure
(shows the full breakdown of total payable fees)
|Course Application Fee (not covered under FPS and not refundable)||$50.00|
|Tuition Fee($500.00- $200.00 Discount)||$300.00|
|Course Material Fee||$20.00|
|Total Course Fees Payable||$370.00|
|Total Course fee after Goods and Services Tax (GST) with Course Application Fee||$395.90|
COURSE DURATION TABLE:
View Jurong East Commencement Dates
PART TIME (WEEKEND CLASS)
|COURSE COMMENCEMENT DATES||TIME||DAYS|
|7 Mar 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sat|
|5 Apr 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sun|
|9 May 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sat|
|13 Jun 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sat|
|25 Jul 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sat|
|16 Aug 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sun|
|12 Sep 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sat|
|24 Oct 2020||10.00am-12.30pm||Sat|
|Commencement dates after the last available date are yet to be scheduled.|
Hospitality & Tourism
MRS MINU K R
Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Mrs Minu K R is the Program Manager in the department of Hospitality and Tourism Management. She started her journey with BMC International College as a student in the hospitality department and excelled in her academic endeavours. She returned to BMC as an Assistant Program Manager in 2019 and advanced successfully to become in-charge of managing the same department.
She has completed the Diploma in Hotel Management, awarded by the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality, London, UK and holds a Master in Business Administration.
She gives her best in running the program efficiently, by being approachable to all students and providing them continuous support throughout their tenure at BMC.
BMC International College’s customer service executives are here to assist you by providing you with all the necessary information you would need to register for any of our courses.
Drop us an inquiry now and one of our customer service executives will get back to you as soon as we can. Looking forward to hearing from you!
By clicking send applicants agree to provide the above personal information to BMC International College, as such applicants consent to the collection and use of personal data by BMC International College for purposes related to course enquiries.